The 248th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition will be held in San Francisco, CA on August 10-14, 2014. The National Meeting theme is “Chemistry and Global Stewardship”.
We would like to invite you to submit symposium proposals to the ACS Geochemistry Division on any topic of current interest to the geochemistry community. Links to the National Meeting theme are encouraged but not required. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Oil shales and enhanced oil recovery
- Nuclear waste storage
- Contaminants transport, uptake, and remediation
- Isotope geochemistry and other tracers
- Reactivity in internal porous domains
- Mineral-water interface structure and reactivity
- Microbe-mineral interactions and elemental biogeochemical cycling
- Mesoscale and upscaling in geochemical systems
To organize a symposium, please contact Sebastien Kerisit (firstname.lastname@example.org). Symposium proposals require a title, 150-200 word description, and a list and contact information for the symposium organizers. Please submit your symposium proposals by December 18, 2013. Symposium proposals submitted by November 20, 2013 will appear in the Call for Papers published in C&EN. Symposium proposals can be submitted after November 21, but they will not appear in the published C&EN Call for Papers issue.